Our son, Archie, who is 2, is at such a fun age. His vocabulary is increasing by the day and he is constantly cracking us up. We thought we’d share some of the crazy, cute things that daily come out of his mouth!
He can say a few things that contain a string of 4-5 words…like:
“Where did that come from?” ….which sounds like….”wherethatcafrum”
or ” what happened to the cave?” (he’s really into caves, tunnels, bridges and forts lately) …which is more like…”whathappenthecave?” again all meshed into one word…
• He calls any and all cereal “oboes”, we think it originated from him trying to say cheerios, but he is constantly asking for “oboes”. And when he wants water he asks for “Abba”…but he’s starting to say water the correct way which makes us a little sad.
• Whenever he asks for something, we usually say “Do you want X?” and instead of saying yes, he always says “okay”. He says “okay” to everything. And if he’s kind of panicked, he’ll start a string of okays….okay, okay, OKAY!
• He loves being outside. Whenever we walk out the door, he raises his hands in delight and says “Ahside!!” It’s pure joy for him to be outside. You would think he’s never been out of the house.
• When he’s really having fun doing something, like running or getting wet by a sprinkler, he’ll exclaims over and over “FUN!”…
• Or when he doesn’t like something, he’ll say, “Ike it, Ike it!” in a mad tone! Or sometimes he says “No Ike it!”
• When he wakes up in the morning, he usually comes into bed with me to snuggle, which he calls “Nuggies.”
• Whenever he sees a coffee cup he wrinkles up his nose and makes a sniffing noise. It’s so funny and cute. He must think that coffee has a strong smell.
I hope we can remember these precious little Archie-isms. He is our joy and we are so thankful for the gift that he is in our life (even if he is a lot of work sometimes).